Dean: Steven Higginbotham
520-206-6690, SP J114
Performing Arts Department Head: Mark Nelson
520-206-6826, CFAMUS 03
Texts, supplements, forms: Courtney Armbruster
support technician 520-206-6973, SP J112
To request adjunct pay information: Lucy Simpson
Support specialist 520-206-6974, SP J112
- Read this bulletin for calling in your absence to 520-206-6055
Info you need to have ready for your absence: Bulletin
• COURSE NUMBER
• CLASS TIME/DAY(S)
• REASON FOR CANCELLING CLASS
• CLASS ASSIGNMENTS ( IF ANY )
• PHONE # WHERE YOU CAN BE REACHED IN CASE WE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
2. Notify your department head (Chris Will)
3. A cancelled class notice will be posted along with your class assignment instructions.
4. Arrange for a substitute (see link to the form below) if you are using a substitute.
Substitution Request Form
5. Complete the timesheet requirement for the hours and day your class meets that you missed.
FRC West Campus hours will be:
Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
* Please note that if faculty need after-hours access, they can see a staff person to obtain an access code.
Our primary services and initiatives include:
- Faculty assistance with PCC processes and technology support;
- A partnership with Campus IT to provide Google, D2L, Classroom Technology & MyPima support to faculty;
- Campus Copy Services;
- Student Feedback (Evaluation) process, which will include all faculty and all CRNs in 2017-2018
Division FAX machine: (520) 206-6020
Adjunct Employment at Pima
Contracts and Certification:
Telephone: (520) 206-4417
FAX: (520) 206-4943
Contract and Certification Specialists:
Syllabi and Students
The syllabus template for your specific courses are found in the Teach section of My Pima. Access it via the Employee tab. You access your specific course by discipline prefix (DNC for dance, MUP for music instruction, MUS for music, and THE for theatre). USE The Current Semester Template as required statements have changed.
- Please use the following standard naming protocol for archiving:
[courseprefix&number]- [CRN]-[facultyusername] -[Campus]- [termcode]
- The Registrar’s Office has compiled a Frequently Asked Questions document with commonly asked questions and troubleshooting guidance. It will be updated throughout the year, so if there’s a question that isn’t addressed in the document, please email Assistant Registrar for Admissions and Enrollment Elvia Bow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Code of Conduct and Misbehavior https://www.pima.edu/current-students/code-of-conduct/docs/Student-Code-of-Conduct.pdf– Remember that the Code is under review and feedback was requested
Reporting SLO data at the end of term FAQ
Photo Release Form (for all public events that have our students performing)
Volunteer Services Agreement (f2012)
On-Time Registration FAQ
- Baruch College Copyright tool for classrooms
- PCC’s Copyright SPG is available at:
- Fair Use Checklist is available at: www.pima.edu/current-students/library/docs/fair-use-checklist.pdf
- Image Quest Library database is available at: http://0-quest.eb.com.library2.pima.edu/
- The “Quick Guide to Using Image Quest” is available at:
http://cc.pima.edu/~d2lfaculty/03_TechTips-Tricks/ImageQuest.htm. This Guide can help faculty use the tool most effectively.
- The video on copyrights is available at:
- Copyright Resources Webpage is available at:
Treasures in the Library from Rosanne Couston
PCC Library homepage: http://www.pima.edu/community/library.html
Naxos Listening Library from PCC Library
1. Log into My Pima (www.pima.edu)
2. Click the “Library” tab
3. Click the “Articles and Databases” link
4. Click the “go directly to the database” scroll bar and find Naxos Music Library to click on.
5. Only 5 users are allowed on at one time due to licensing restrictions so if you can’t log on to the database, try again later.
Faculty Resource page: http://libguides.pima.edu/faculty (an orientation to library services designed especially for faculty)
- Theater LibGuide: http://libguides.pima.edu/Theater
- Auditions LibGuide: http://libguides.pima.edu/auditions
- Main LibGuides page: http://libguides.pima.edu/